New features, Sponsored issues, New SquareLine Studio version and great videos
This is the copy of the monthly newsletter sent out to our subscribers.
New features As you might know that we develop v9 (the new major version) in the master branch. While we are preparing some larger architectural changes some great stuff were already added:
- A File Explorer utility from 100ask
- Various performance measurement modes for the Benchmark Demo
- Many Unit Tests for the widgets Instructions to use Lottie animations on ESP
- Support for PikaScript, a Python3 engine requiring only 32k of Flash and 4k of RAM
- A simple but powerful update on lv_msg to easily create API for your UI application
Sponsored Issues You might remember from the previous newsletter that we have strengthened our sponsorship platform at OpenCollective. We promised that we will spend the donations in a transparent way and we really did! We already paid 460 USD for people who added unit tests and for IT operational expenses.
If you are also want joint the development of LVGL and also get some payment pick one of these open sponsored issues:
- Writing unit tests for core widgets 50 USD per widget
- Micropython support ESP32-S2, ESP32-C3, ESP32-S3 100 USD
- Add C++ binding to LVGL 400 USD
SquareLine Studio There is some great news around SquareLine Studio, LVGL’s official UI editor tool as well. Its new version (v1.1) was just released with a Component Editor and new boards. In cooperation with Espressif we have added support for ESP-BOX and ESP-WROVER-KIT in SquareLine Studio. You can learn more about it in this great blog post from Esspressif:
New Videos I’ve collected a few interesting videos for you. Some of them are created by us and the others are created by the community. If you also have a great video with LVGL or SquareLine Studio, just let me know and if I can I’ll include it in the next newsletter.